Last Saturday the Pewsey Belles took part in a fundraising concert for Oare Primary School. The choir has an increasing number of members who have children at Oare Primary and as such felt it was a very important event to attend.
The concert started with “Look at the World” by John Rutter which our choirmaster, Jules Addison, had arranged so that it could be sung jointly by pupils at Oare School as well as the Pewsey Belles. This was of course very popular with the parents (who made up a lot of the audience) and the children sang extremely well.
There were then a number of songs from the Pewsey Belles which included:
- Over the Rainbow – Harold Arlen (Soloist – Harriet McCullough)
- Can you Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John (from the Lion King)
- I dreamed a dream – Claude-Michel Schonberg (from Les Miserables)
- Adiemus: Songs of Sanctuary (Karl Jenkins)
- Make You Feel my Love – Bob Dylan
- The Rose – Amanda Broom
- Somewhere Out There – James Horner (from An American Tail)
- Irish Blessing (Bob Chilcott)
- Say a Little Prayer – Burt Bacharach
- Time to Say Goodbye – Francesco Sartori
The evening was a great success and from donations at the end raised a total of £600 towards the Oare Primary School Buildings appeal.